Friday, April 1, 2016

Response to Comments

There are three people who critiqued my blog under one of my posts. I'd like to take this time to respond to them. 

Kayleigh, thanks for all the positive feedback and thought you put in your commentary! With colors, I don't want to go too crazy and make it seem artistic so I'm using natural colors and the format of a lifestyle magazine cover to bring in a broad audience. Hopefully, it gives you a clearer image.

Emi, I love the organized way you assessed your analysis, it was very helpful. My magazine WOULD look similar to a "stereotypical" magazine and that is how I'd bring in readers from all genres including those that aren't quite as familiar with being eco-friendly. I was inspired by Cosmopolitan Magazine which uses a basic structure geared toward a female audience. It uses simple lists, a main attractive female model, and the word sex bolded many times on the cover however within many articles can discuss topics such as over-sexualization of the female body (ironically), gender wage inequality and salary negotiation tips. 

Kim, thank you for the criticisms, it aided me by helping me reflect on my research.I feel that I am passionate about the environment and an adventure story would be wonderful like a vlog but on a magazine. I think that's a great idea and perhaps I'll find a way to incorporate it into my magazine as a cover line or something of the sort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment