Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Still in Brazil

In Brazil, I've discovered this cool ecological shoe company called Insecta. I think that'll appeal very much to my audience and also, I think it is so cool. I'd hoped they were located in Salvador but the stores where they sell are located in other cities in the US, Brazil and Switzerland. I think I'll email them to see if they'd be up for an online interview or answering a couple questions by email.  Also, their logo is so cute and actually quite similar to the style that I want my bee logo to be.
Here is their link- http://www.insectashoes.com/

I've decided to scrap the local style that I wanted to achieve and I'm going with news from all over regarding my content. It gives me a lot more ideas and content that'll be better for my audience, like Insecta. At most, the location change can be a reoccurring section.

I've also taken a bunch of photos and I'd like to share some:
 
 


Insecta. "Sapatos Veganos, Ecológicos, Feitos No Brasil - Insecta Shoes."Sapatos Veganos, Ecológicos, Feitos No Brasil - Insecta Shoes. Insecta, n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2016.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, your blog is so wonderful!!! First of all, the background fits perfectly to your theme, which is appreciated. Your voice and personality are heard, too, which makes me even more excited about this magazine. Your posts are very informative and easy to follow, and the entire process of brainstorming, planning, and beginning are awesome.
    The idea of using colors to pull a young audience into being interested in an intense and “boring” topic is great, and I especially love the idea of surveying people around school to see what topics they’d be most interested in, because this gives an accurate representation of what your target audience would be most likely to read, which makes you even more successful. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by the flow of your blog posts. I find that in each you are able to tell a story or share an experience and relate it back to your magazine theme. Your writing conveys your thinking process very well and also shows your personality which I think is necessary when discussing a topic such as the environment. The pictures you attached from your trip are absolutely stunning and you definitely have the photography skills to capture your potential stories. I also agree with you that ecotourism is sort of basic and not as exciting. I was wondering what your main target audience would be and how you would try to get their attention from your magazine vs the stereotypical magazines they would read. Your blog is truly lovely and I think you are in the right step towards achieving your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of your project! Spreading awareness for the environment, thats a difficult yet admirable topic! Your blogs flow really nicely, and the amount of research you have done is awesome. The only thing I have to say is, I would really like to see what direction you steer your magazine in. I had a similar problem, and I just want to give some friendly advice from a person who has gone through this. Please do not go with whats boring, and what you don't love! Even if ecotourism is an easier route, please consider addressing other options. Passion and drive is a large part of this project, and you should put out material that you want to read! Maybe make an issue about a brazilian environmental adventure you had, or something in the lines of that! Be creative, and explore what you want to do, because truly, I think your magazine has major potential! Okay thats all. I really enjoyed reading :) oh! one more thing, the pictures are so beautiful, I hope you find someway to incorporate that in your magazine.

    ReplyDelete