Thursday, March 17, 2016

Branching Out

For spring break, I'm traveling to Brazil to see family. I plan on taking the opportunity to take photos for the "sneak peek" image if I need it. Unfortunately, I am not adept with the camera especially with my low-quality phone camera however thankfully a classmate, Issac, recommended an app called "Vsco" that would help me edit the quality of my images.
At the pod meetings, I gave ideas for a title for my magazine. Some that I proposed were Treehugger, The Green Journal, and the BusyBee. Santi, a member of the pod, proposed a single word title because it's catchier and he's not wrong. Bee Magazine was a title that all members of the pod agreed to and so for now, that will serve as the title for my magazine.
The cover of my magazine would be similar aesthetically to that of National Geographic, an artistic image to grab the audience's attention. To my dismay, research indicated that most popular magazines were Cosmo, GQ, Playboy and People. The type of magazine that I'd like to propose to the youth isn't what they want or what they're used to. How can I make environmentalism a form of modern escape? I've decided through compelling colorful images and beautiful photos. I have two main stories that I'm thinking of: the ecotourism scene in Miami and Crandon Gardens, an abandoned zoo overrun by tropical birds. I have already an image in mind for the ecotourism scene at the South Seas Hotel one of the few hotels in Miami that are registered as a Florida Green Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment