Saturday, April 2, 2016

Crunch Time AYAYAY!

So I've contacted Insecta for an interview but I haven't heard back yet. I'd be pretty bummed if it didn't pan out like I wanted to but I think I should form a Plan B interview at this point. I researched a little of the green fashion brands that the 305 has to offer and I encountered a couple of articles. One of them lead me to Yogiiza, a sustainable fitness brand for yoga masterminded by Dawn Oliver and committed to keeping production local or domestic. I'll email Yogiiza after this post probably because although it is more high end with a lower chance of response for a homely student, it is local, which makes me hope that they'll have sympathy for a kid trying to make it in South Florida.
For the cover photo, I've still been deliberating on the image but it's crunch time and this week I'll have to stick to one or other images. I actually have been inspired by the magazines that I have been so prejudiced about, such as Cosmopolitan. In fact, the final idea of my magazine has morphed into a lifestyle magazine for ecologically conscious people seemingly by itself with its own life and audience. So for the cover photo, I've been latching on to the idea of a picture of my good-looking friends walking on the beach fashionably picking up trash. It could have been perfect if the project due date could have been extended one week because I'm probably attending the beach clean up they're having next week but no matter, I'll make do.

 


Combs, Tashina. Logical Harmony in Vegan Lifestyle Magazine – November Issue. Digital image. Logical Harmony. Logical Harmony, 28 Dec. 2013. Web. 2 Apr. 2016.

Cosmpolitan. "The Women's Magazine for Fashion, Sex Advice, Dating Tips, and Celebrity News." Cosmopolitan. Hearst Digital Media, n.d. Web. 02 Apr. 2016.

Finney, Lauren. "Where to Shop Sustainable Fashion in Miami." Where to Shop Sustainable Fashion in Miami. Ocean Drive, 14 Jan. 2014. Web. 02 Apr. 2016

Gloria Medias. Gloria Fashion and Lifestyle Magazine. Digital image. Gloria Medias. Gloria Medias, Jan. 2009. Web. 2 Apr. 2016.

Peterman, Mark. Cover photo for Prime Living magazine September 2009. Digital image. Photography Mark Peterman. Mark Peterman, 1 Sept. 2009. Web. 2 Apr. 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment